It is now the beginning of May and it seems we are hunkering down for the long haul when it comes to this pandemic. At least in terms of larger gatherings. There is no word as of yet when the church will be able to gather and when that happens what it will look like.
In the meantime, we will endeavour to offer as much "community" and "worship" as we can. This will include:
- providing people in our parish (that means everyone in the Port Perry Community) with timely pastoral care: whether a phone call, visits at a distance, presiding at funerals, or emails - we are here to care for you. Our two priests are available as is our Pastoral Visiting Team. All you have to do is reach out to us and let us know you need some care, a phone call, a listening ear - whatever it might be.
Best way to reach us is by email - [email protected]
- offering weekly worship services that include a variety of material - online hymns to sing along to, prayers to pray with, readings to read, sermons to listen to or read etc.
- sharing of stories - your stories - of hope, of struggle, of faith renewed and rediscovered
- reflections - to help us all make sense of how life has changed, how life hasn't changed and what this liminal time offers us in terms of discovering life in new ways
- and lastly, but most importantly, through our prayers. Not just for ourselves or our own little church community, but for all of Port Perry - for the businesses that are struggling, for the front line workers at our nursing homes, for the isolated and lonely, for those who are ill - for everyone. You do not need to attend our church to be held in the hearts of our church. WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU!