St. John's cemetery was formed at the time that the first St. John’s church was built in 1851 in what is now known as the old part of the cemetery. The oldest date on the gravestones is 1837.
In 1978 the farm adjacent to the cemetery came up for sale and we were able to buy 1.33 acres. We are now in the process of developing this land and have built a road around one section and we are waiting on delivery of a columbarium. In September we will plant grass in this area.
A Decoration Memorial Service will be held on Sept. 13 at 2.30 pm at 3790 Edgerton Road, 1km east of Blackstock
All are welcome.